Terms and Conditions of Use
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and LabLinks Ltd, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately. If you book services on the Website, such as live courses, this will be subject to separate terms.
In these terms and conditions, “User” or “Users” means you and “Provider(s)” means any third party engaged by LabLinks to provide services or content to the Website. The term “Website” includes all Content (defined below) on the Website from time to time.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Content and Intellectual Property Rights
1. There are three types of content on the Website. Content can include written materials, audio, video, data and training materials and any other form of content or information on this Website. These are:
- content which is owned by LabLinks Ltd or licensed to LabLinks Ltd by a third party (including Providers). This content is available to you free of charge and is called “Free Content”;
- content which provided by LabLinks Ltd or by Providers which Users must pay to access, such as course content, this is called “Paid Content”; and
- content which is created and uploaded to the Website by Users, this is called “User Generated Content”, collectively called “Content”.
2. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this Website shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any trade mark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner's prior written permission.
3. The LabLinks logo and any associated marks are registered trademarks of LabLinks Ltd. You are not permitted to use any such trademarks without our approval (unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under these terms).
Use of Free Content and User Generated Content
4. All Free Content and User Generated Content, may be used for your own personal, non-commercial use only.
5. You must not modify any Free Content or User Generated Content in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
6. LabLinks Ltd’s status (and that of any identified contributors such as other Users or Providers) as the authors of Content must always be acknowledged.
7. You must not remove or alter any copyright notices, logos or trademarks which are included in the Free Content or User Generated Content.
8. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Free Content or User Generated Content without the written permission of LabLinks Ltd.
User Generated Content Ownership and Standards
9. You acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Generated Content you may submit via the Website, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality of any such User Generated Content. Any User Generated Content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and will be made available to other Users for use in accordance with these terms. We do not make any representations or undertakings about other Users compliance with these terms, so you must be comfortable with this before you post any User Generated Content. You retain all of your ownership rights in User Generated Content that you upload to the Website but you grant LabLinks Ltd a worldwide, perpetual non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, publish, broadcast, make available, alter, create derivative works of and display that User-Generated Content in any manner via any media and sub-license that User Generated Content in any way it sees fit via any media, including making available such content on the Website. We may also use the User Generated Content as part of advertising for the Website.
10. For the avoidance of doubt if you upload User Generated Content on the Website (other than via a private message or to a private group) LabLinks Ltd intends that this content remains on the Website accessible to everyone. If you do upload User Generated Content, it will be accessible to all members unless it is via a private message or to a private group.
11. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through the Website any User Generated Content that: (i) is confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing of any intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable; (ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party, or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; or (iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false email address or other identifying information, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. You warrant that any User Generated Content you upload will comply with these requirements, and you will be liable to LabLinks Ltd and indemnify LabLinks Ltd for any breach of these terms. This means you will be responsible for any claims, loss, costs or damages we may suffer or reasonably incur as a result of your breach of these terms.
12. LabLinks Ltd has the right to disclose your identity to any third party who claims in writing to LabLinks that any User Generated Content posted or uploaded by you to the Website is in breach of these terms including (without limitation) content which infringes intellectual property rights, or any right to privacy.
13. You may upload commercial User Generated Content with the intent of selling products or services however such User Generated Content can only be shared on the designated vendors section of LabLinks. We reserve the right to delete any User Generated Content which does not comply with these terms and to suspend any associated User accounts.
14. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the User Generated Content you post; that the User Generated Content is accurate; that use of the User Generated Content in accordance with these terms does not violate any provision of these terms and will not cause injury, loss or damage to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify LabLinks Ltd for all claims, loss, costs or damages resulting from User Generated Content.
15. LabLinks Ltd is not under any obligation to publish User Generated Content and may remove User Generated Content at any time.
Moderation of User Generated Content
16. User Generated Content is not reviewed, verified or approved by LabLinks Ltd. LabLinks Ltd does not moderate User Generated Content. The views expressed by other Users on the Website do not necessarily represent LabLinks Ltd’s views or values.
17. If you wish to complain about any User Generated Content, please contact us on email@example.com.
18. Any Paid Content included on the Website may be subject to additional terms (including licence terms) which LabLinks Ltd will provide to you at the point of booking or purchase. Unless otherwise set out in the additional terms at the time of booking, each User which purchases Paid Content will only have the right to use the Paid Content for their own personal use and will not be permitted to share the Paid Content with anyone else.
19. You must not remove or alter any copyright notices, logos or trademarks which are included in the Paid Content.
20. Payment for Paid Content must be made before you access or use any Paid Content.
21. If you are not satisfied with any Paid Content that you have purchased, please contact LabLinks Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any refunds will be at the sole discretion of LabLinks Ltd.
22. From time to time Users may be able to access events on the Website “Event(s)”. LabLinks hosts these Events through a third-party provider (Remo), standard Remo T&Cs will apply and can be found here: https://remo.co/terms-of-service
23. LabLinks Ltd reserves the right to cancel an Event at any time in which case any fees paid will be refunded.
24. Access to LabLinks Events is at the sole discretion of LabLinks.
25. Your right to cancel and receive a refund for any Event booking will vary based on the specific terms applicable to that Event. Please read these carefully before booking.
26. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
27. In order to become a member of the Website you will be required to register and create an account “Account”.
28. You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
29. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
30. We may at our sole discretion refuse your registration, suspend or cancel your Account with immediate effect without providing reason for doing so or if you breach these terms and conditions.
31. You may delete your Account at any point from your Profile page. If you do so, you must immediately stop using your Account. Cancellation or suspension of your Account does not affect any statutory rights.
Account Password and Security
32. When you create an Account, you will be asked to create a password, which you should keep confidential and not disclose or share with anyone.
33. If we have reason to believe that there is or is likely to be any misuse of your Account or breach of security, we may require you to change your password or suspend your Account.
Links to other websites
34. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control ofLabLinks Ltd.
35. We assume no responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
36. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and Disclaimers
38. Any Content, Events, online facilities, tools, services or otherwise that LabLinks Ltd makes available through the Website is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We give no warranty that the Website will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. LabLinks Ltd is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
39. Whilst LabLinks Ltd uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
40. LabLinks Ltd accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
41. LabLinks Ltdreserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of Liability
42. Nothing in these terms will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
43. LabLinks Ltd will not be liable to you for any loss or damage of any kind arising in connection with your use of any Content, Events or the Website. Additional provisions relating to the liability of LabLinks Ltd or Providers may apply in respect of certain Paid Content or Events which will be provided to you at the time of booking or registration.
44. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses, claims, costs, damages or otherwise arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
45. To the maximum extent permitted by law,LabLinks Ltd accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
46. Notwithstanding the above, if LabLinks are liable to you under these terms or otherwise, any liability shall not exceed the sums received by LabLinks from you.
47. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
48. These terms may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
50. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
51. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
52. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
53. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Walesand all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
LabLinks Ltd details
54. LabLinks Ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 12967664 whose registered address is CBTC2 Capital Business Park, Wentloog, Cardiff, CF32PX and itoperates the Website lablinks.io. The registered VAT number is 145141830.
You can contact LabLinks Ltd by email on email@example.com .